Some weapons, abilities, and enemy attacks can apply a Status Effect. There are 8 primary Status Effects, separated into three commonly-held categories: Crowd Control (CC), Damage over Time (DoT), and Debuffs. Status Effects can be inflicted onto players and enemies. Some status effects have a means to remove or dispel them through various actions.
There are Attributes, Mods, and Class Tree nodes that can make Status Effects more powerful. When used consecutively, the duration of Ash or Freeze gets shorter. Status Effects are weaker against Elite enemies due to their Status Resistance.
An enemy or player can only have one stack of each status effect at any given time. A new application of the status effect will reset the duration.
Players can be granted Status Immunity through certain item Mods. While the effect lasts, you are completely immune to all status effects and enemy attacks will not apply them.
- Ash: stops an enemy's or character's movement and attacks
- Freeze: stops an enemy's or character's movement and attacks
- Slow: reduced movement and attack speed
Damage over Time (DoT)
- Bleed: receive damage over time (while moving for player)
- Burn: receive fire damage over time
- Toxic: receive poison damage over time
- Vulnerable: receive increased damage from all sources (aka Exposed)
- Weakness: decreased damage dealt
There are many other buffs and debuffs as well.
|+||Anomaly Damage Up||?|
|+||Anomaly Leech Up||?|
|+||Health Regen Up||?|
|+||Can Be Revived||?|
|+||From the Ashes||?|
|+||Physical Damage Up||?|
|-||Armor Penetration Up||?|
|-||Incoming Anomaly Damage Up||?|
|-||Incoming Damage Up||?|
|-||Incoming Weapon Damage Up||?|
|-||Receive More Damage||?|
|Armor • Expeditions • Mods • Quests • Weapons|
|Devastator • Pyromancer • Technomancer • Trickster|
|Crafting • Customization • Status Effects • World Tier • Challenge Tiers|